Achieving sustainable human development congruent with strengthening citizen engagement, social cohesion, and community resilience across Lebanon.
To innovate and mainstream action for promoting responsible citizenship, urban well-being, and good governance across Lebanon through partnership, development, support, and education.
- Ensure sustainability concepts and practices are mainstream at school and across civil society
- Ensure the children of Lebanon have access to diverse channels of quality and relevant education
- Ensure civil society efforts for national and local development are in line with Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals
- Ensure public-private partnership adopt a forward-thinking multi-agency approach motivated towards just and sustainable transitions
- Ensure the citizens of Lebanon are well-informed advocates of the Universal Declaration for Human Rights
- Ensure the citizens of Lebanon have access to and agency in national policymaking and urban development
- Ensure the citizens of Lebanon develop a harmonious and legitimate partnership based on empathy and accountability with state institutions and vice versa
- Ensure the youth and adults of Lebanon are well-prepared to engage in a growing circular economy
- Ensure the citizens of Lebanon develop collective efficacy towards a shared national identity founded in their diverse socio-cultural values
- Ensure the citizens of Lebanon develop a collaborative spirit towards communal development and need-based support
- Ensure the citizens, groups, and institutions of Lebanon develop ownership towards permanent dialogue
- Ensure institutional networks develop the necessary capacities to innovative place-based modalities and install technical systems towards integrated local development
- Ensure community development and crisis response across Lebanon are performed efficiently with a social justice lens across geographic regions and social groups
- Ensure vulnerable groups across Lebanon have access to basic urban services and relevant socio-economic opportunities with no compromise during crises
- Ensure the citizens of Lebanon are well-informed and protected against disaster risk
- Ensure local communities in Lebanon develop safety nets and robust practices to strengthen their resilience to shocks and emergent crises
- Ensure the citizens and grassroots of Lebanon develop self-help mechanisms and acquire the necessary skills to manage crisis risk
Projects and services at Hariri Foundation are founded on four pillars which reflect its vision, mission and objectives. Those pillars are inspired from the legacy of its founders, H.E. Rafic Hariri and H.E. Bahia Hariri, in state-building and sustainable human development.
Hariri Foundation recognizes the national state and its social, environmental, economic building blocks as an adaptive complex system. With complex interconnections and relationships in mind between the different elements of the system, we seek to design programs and policies that take a holistic approach to sustainable human development.