In partnership with the Municipality of Saida, Hariri Foundation launched “The Eco-friendly City of Saida 2020” initiative to address several strategic objectives of the Urban Sustainable Development Strategy of Saida. The initiative comprised several key projects carried out in collaboration with the private sector, the civil society, and local schools. Underlying projects carried out include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Grants Project
- Environmental Ambassadors Project
- My Environment is My Responsibility Project
- Sorting at Source Project
- Together for a Clean Pollution-free Environment Project
Overall, these projects demonstrated the commitment of Saida to environmental sustainability and community engagement in climate action. Underlying projects were later integrated within institutionalized thematic and sectoral frameworks.